The Goat Meat Pepper-Soup Pho
Okay, guys, I can explain and I apologize for the absence. Due to work, research and food orders. Also, I finally decided to start shooting videos for my YouTube channel! Apparently, it isn't as easy as I thought. But Yay!
This recipe has come a long way, from 2015 when I had my first bowl of Pho with my Vietnamese friend and my Korean professor. I enjoyed it so much that I went back there to order a bowl and understand it correctly. It happened that I asked another Nigerian if they had tried Pho and the answer was "what is that?"
That got me thinking, about how can I explain it and I blurted out "it is Asian noodles in flavorful soup".
This set off a bright idea (or maybe I was just hungry), Pho is good for the cold weather, has meat in it, could be made to be spicy, and it's always in a rich and tasty broth...
- Red Chiles
- Mint Leaves
- Rice Noodles
- Seasoning Cubes
- Goat Meat and Tripe
- Green Onions
- Bean sprouts
- Red Onions
What is the Nigerian equivalent? Pepper Soup! And ladies and gentlemen this was how this came about.
Rice Noodles in a Goat meat Pepper soup broth; Nigerian Pho!
- Assemble the infantry, pour a libation to the Nigerian gods, and bow to the Vietnamese gods because you are about to do a fusion of both cultures. Put some respeck on it.
- Cut up your meats into tiny bite-sized pieces, remove all the bones, and throw in 2 Maggi cubes, 2 Tbsp salt, 2 habaneros, 3 Tbsp pepper soup spice, 2 cloves of uda, 4 mint leaves, 2 Tbsp chilli flakes, thumb size of ginger. Add about 4 cups of water and boil till desired softness.
- When your meat is cooked to perfection you will see the broth is a little thicker from the meat flavor and stock.
- Slice your garnish items (red onions, green onions, cilantro, jalapeños) very thinly and set aside. These will harmonize (that word sounded cool in my head so I threw it in there) your dish as you eat it.
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil, turn off the heat and put your rice noodles in it.
- Let this stand for 10 minutes.
- Plate your dish in this order; noodles in.
- Pour the pepper soup broth over it.
- Arrange your goat meat respectfully on one side.
- Garnish on the other side and bam!
- You have it.