Suya Grilled Shrimp Tacos
GUYS!! So recently I have been overcome with work but you know, I'd never stop cooking. I am back again as usual. Thank you to everyone that has subscribed! Those who have not...wyd?
You guys know I am all about fusing dishes from outside Nigeria with Nigerian food, flavors, or staples. So the other day I was at the store and I saw these huge shrimps on a promo sale and I grabbed it so fast without thinking of what I wanted to use them for. Got home saw Tortillas and felt wow, it is lit, Shrimp Tacos.
But then I had to find a way to sneak in a Nigerian flavor, what else than to season it with something Nigerian... and it hit me, if Suya and bread in Nigeria could work, Suya Shrimp and a flour tortilla will work too.
- Red Onion
- 1 Avocado
- Flour Tortillas
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Sriracha Sauce
- Purple Cabbage
- Curry and Thyme
Did I mention I made my own spicy creamy sauce too? We going all out baby.
- To make the dressing, chop two cloves of garlic and mince it properly. Add six (6) Tbsp of Mayo, two (2) Tbsp of sriracha sauce, squeeze one lime in, add half a Tsp of avocado oil and mix thoroughly. Done!
- Season your shrimp with salt, pepper, thyme, and curry. Let sit for five minutes.
- Heat a griddle or you can use a pan to saute it not for too long so it doesn't overcook. Take it off the heat and generously season and toss with Suya pepper.
- Pit your avocado, cut your cabbage, slice up some red onions, cut up your limes, chop up some cilantro, warm up some tortillas and assemble these items properly.
- Tortilla, cabbage, grilled suya shrimp, avocado slices, sriracha dressing, chopped cilantro, more dressing, fold and enjoy! You can make this dish for get-togethers, finger food, or tweak the recipe.
- The flavors in this Taco were so distinct but combined perfectly! Loved making this and loved eating it more. Look at this beauty!