Spicy Coconut Milk Herb Turkey
Exactly 30 minutes ago, I served up this Spicy Coconut milk herb turkey dish, and I told myself I would only eat half of it.
You guessed right, I ate all of it. It was so damn good, this was me after the first bite.
For the first time in forever, I found turkey wings at Walmart. I looked at them like a kid looks at a bicycle he's always wanted, wrapped, under the Christmas tree.
Well, I saw them and I swore I was going to make the best out of it. I was thinking about what to do with it. I knew I wanted it packed with flavour, fresh, spicy, sweet and in a sauce.
So I thought, marinate it exactly that way. That blend of coconut milk, cilantro and pepper needs to be studied in school. And I added some brown sugar for that sweetness. When I tell you this was perfection I promise you I am not lying at all!
- Green Onions
- 2 Red Onions
- 2 tsp of Curry
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Turkey Wings
- 4 Red Habaneros
- A Thumb of Ginger
- A Bunch of Cilantro
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tsp of Black Garlic
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
Made the marinade and left marinating overnight, had sweet dreams about it, daydreams at work and on the way home and when I finally got to it.
It was a WRAP!
The beautiful thing about these Coconut Milk Herb Turkey wings is, that you only season the marinade and that's it. Without further ado, I will get to it and save you the tales about how I finished one of the wings before I got it in the sauce, some other day!
But yes, this recipe for the Coconut Milk Herb Turkey is super easy because I used the marinade the wings baked in to make the sauce. Easy peasy! Also, here is a link to a newbie chicken wing recipe I made years back! Look at the growth!
That is it, for everything. It did take me two days because, honestly, I was trying to figure out what to do with it.
- In a blender, add green onions, cilantro, thyme, coconut milk, Brown sugar, red habaneros, curry, 1 red bell pepper, ginger, salt, one red onion, and cayenne and 2 garlic cloves.
- Blend till smooth. Marinate the wings in this and leave to sit.
- Now, take your wings out of the marinade brush them off and we are going to brown the skin.
- Heat some oil in a pan and sear the skin till it is golden brown.
- Pour marinade into an oven-safe pan, place wings in the pan, cover with foil and bake for 70 minutes at 450F. Save the liquid left in the pan after baking.
- When that is done, slice 2 garlic cloves, half a thumb of ginger, half a red onion, green onions, and half a red bell pepper.
- Saute your garlic and ginger, pour the marinade into the pan and let this cook for 4 minutes. Add your red onion, green onion and red bell pepper and turn off the heat.
- Place your wings back in and you are done.
- I had this with Basmati rice and it was a winner.