Plantain And Sausage Omelette
Hola! I am here again, to disturb your inbox (well that is if you have subscribed and you get all the posts as emails. For you people that haven't subscribed yet with the button in the bottom right corner...
So today's recipe came about yesterday. I was on Twitter and someone lamented the absence of Nigerian brunch items so I decided to try something. I opened my fridge and I had Plantains, andouille sausages, bell peppers, habaneros and eggs and I thought: if brunch is basically breakfast for lazy people that woke up late and want to make up for a time, can I combine it all...?
Yes, that is what I did.
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Plantains
- Cooking Oil
- 1 Habanero
- 2 Bell Peppers
So without wasting time this is how I made it!
- Slice onions, Sausages and Habaneros.
- Heat 4 Tbsp of Oil, add sliced onions, sausages and habaneros and saute in oil for 3 minutes with seasonings (curry, thyme, ginger) or any preferred ones.
- Add julienned bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Push the contents of the pan to the side, like Moses parted the..nvm and pour in slightly beaten eggs let cook for one minute.
- Dice your plantains and fry them till golden brown. Add fried diced plantains and toss around gently to mix all the contents.
- Chop up some spinach leaves and garnish.
- Carefully pit and peel your avocado and add this.Boom! You just saved yourself $16 on a brunch meal and you didn't have to go out. You are welcome!